Wednesday, September 8, 2010

on the difference between american men and foreign men.

Boys are silly.  

I recently had a good guy friend ask me..."what is so special about foreign dudes?"

I've only had a few boyfriends so I won't claim to know EVERYthing about men...  but the difference between american men and foreign men is noticeable even to me.  And believe me....I'm pretty oblivious when it comes to romance....but I am observant when it comes to people.

Italian men are fearless in romance.  (They also believe they are God's gift to women and usually when they flirt with you its for their own sake....but.....when they flirt, it works.)  Women who are not italian become completely caught up in the idea of an italian man because they make it easy to fall in love.  They touch your hands, your cheek or your hair and look at you like you are treasure while they tell you how beautiful you are and show you around the most gorgeous place in the world.   There is no games, no guessing.   They absorb themselves in your conversation and share themselves freely with you.  They are interested in sharing a piece of life with you even if its only for a moment, and they make you believe that you are the beauty in that very moment.

"There are still some men who love desperately."   ~J.D. Salinger.

I got this quote from the blog of the lovely Jess Allyn (whose blog is beautiful by the way)

This sums up the romantic side of foreign men pretty well I think.  They love life desperately, they love women in the same way and the two together is just plain passion.   When it comes to american men...very few still have the motivation to put forth the effort.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  If ONE more person tells me good guys come last...I'm going to spaz.  Good guys come in last because they don't try.  And you wonder why women fawn over foreigners.  

(No, I am not having some sort of international affair.  Cool your jets, Ma...I know you were wondering.)

I just think its a good lesson for both men and women.  You should live as passionately as you love, and love more fiercely than anything.  Love always, always wins.  What is the use in being afraid of it?  It's not easy, but its worth everything.  So try.

So, mio ragazzi americani....be brave!  Take chances!  Ask out that girl (or guy) you've had your eye on.  Woo someone!  And be a good....woo-er.  Give good woo.  You can do it.  I believe in you.

And if you're not into romance right now....fall in love with something!  Find love in whatever you do :)

Love, Hayden

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I loved this!

    I agree, there are differences between foreign men and American men. There are even strong differences from culture to culture and person to person. Foreign men are given a bad rep!

    I'm always being warned not to get caught up in a "foreign affair," And it is too late for me. Like you said, "Love always, always wins." =)

    ReplyDelete