Monday, September 6, 2010

look look I made a book :)

Today was a blast.  We woke up with just enough time to book it over to school this morning where the Print Making and Book Arts professor was giving a demo on how to make your own sketchbook.  It was a pretty easy process to pick up and the end products came out so nicely.  I had a blast picking out paper and just having a project to complete.  I ended up covered in glue, but somehow, my sketchbook came out unscathed.  I'm pretty proud of it.  :)




Behold.  My awesome stitching skills.



I LOVE MAKING SHIT.  I mean...I love making stuff.  Sorry, Grandma.

I've been feeling like my pencils are calling my name these past few days.  I'm so pumped for school to officially start.  Creatively, I have my highs and lows... as I'm sure every artist/art student does.  Sometimes I get these creative droughts where I just can't make anything with real feeling.  I can't stand that.  I can make things or draw up designs but if I'm not really feeling it, its like manufacturing instead of creating.  But now I am just itching to start something new.  And today was a little taste of it.  I can't TELL you how happy I am!

Taking the day off yesterday was soooo needed.  My body is thanking me for it today.  And so is my old sketchbook.  We had a date yesterday.  It went swimmingly.  Tomorrow brings another italian pre-intensive class and hopefully....a national italian soccer game!  Keep your fingers crossed....ticket hunting today failed epically.  But who knows :)




these are a few of my favorite thiiiiings :)


Hope your day is beautiful, people.  

Love, Hayden


No comments:

Post a Comment