Sunday, September 5, 2010

ohhh sundays.


A week catches up to you.  I have never loved napping so much.  The breeze coming through my window is perfect and I can hear people talking in languages I don't understand down in the street.  I had to let myself just breathe a little bit today.  As exciting as everything is, I owe my body some rest.  I'd say I've walked close to 50 miles in the last five days alone and traveled hundreds more. I had to remind myself that I have plenty of time for adventuring.  I keep forgetting I'll be here for months.  Not weeks.

There is so much to come this week that I can barely wrap my head around it.  School will be in full swing come wednesday and I'm so ready to move forward with it.  I love school....correction.....I love art school.  I'm ready for giant studios and paper and thick paint and charcoal.  Teach me something new.  Show something amazing.  I'm ready to be challenged.  There's nothing worse to me than the feeling of sleeping through life.  I was beginning to feel that way before I came here, but now I'm wide awake and ready to see and make and do.

My dad snuck a little book inside my suitcase that has a little piece of wisdom to read for everyday.  It's like the ultimate fortune cookie.  Today it told me this:

"Rise to life and beauty, knowledge and power.  Tomorrow be stronger, be braver, and more loving than you have been today.  The law of Progress gives a meaning, a purpose to life."

Hmmm....sounds like a plan to me.  I am missing you today.

Love, Hayden 

No comments:

Post a Comment