Sunday, November 28, 2010

thanksgiving odds and ends.

For living in a country that doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, I think we recreated the event fairly well.....



^ My apple crisp!






pumpkinnn breeeaaaddd




It was a beautiful night.  It could have been one of the loneliest days here, but it ended up being one of the best.  We spent the morning shopping for fresh food, the afternoon cooking and laughing and drinking.....and the evening eating to our hearts content.  It had been a while since I had eaten a full meal.  I mean, I eat alright, but it's not often I sit down to a substantial dinner.  My stomach was soooooo happy.

The weeks are dwindling down and I feel like I'm running out of time.  I'm trying to manage my time as best as possible and soak up every second I have left.  Work in the studio has been flying.  I'm figuring out more and more where I stand as an artist.  What interests me.  What styles attract me.  What makes me think, laugh, cry, hope.  My color palette.  It's exciting to have the space to push boundaries or explore ideas and images.  I think about it all the time.  In and out of the studio.  When I eat.  When  I sleep.  

I like to keep a good stock pile of images on my computer or in my journal to keep me inspired.  They make me think or dream, laugh, remember....etc.  They are weird.  I'm interested in the oddities that come with living.  Here are some that are inspiring me today...





Just a few little bits of my happiness this week.  :)

I'll leave you with this one:


its true :)

Sooooo much love,

Hayden



No comments:

Post a Comment