Saturday, December 11, 2010

blupdate.


Well, things are coming to a close at Santa Reparata.  Thursday evening was the student show and since then I have carefully taken down and packed up work.  There is so much of it! The show went well - very mellow. Wine and breadsticks kept us busy.  Artsy fartsy people all over the place.  Here are just a few pieces from my semester:











I didn't stay too long at the gallery.  We had spent two days setting up for it and I was more than ready to be done.  Plus....I had train tickets to pick up for the next morning.  A 4:30am train to Venice had a seat with my name on it.  I was ready for one last trip before leaving.  AND - it would just be blasphemy to live in Italy for almost four months and NOT go to Venice.    I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...but really, it was just a day of beauty.  Nothing overly eventful happened.  It was just simply gorgeous.





















Whenever I look at the pictures I just take a really deep breath and let it out slow.  Venice is perfect contentment.  It is absolutely in my top 3 favorite trips with Rome and Cortona.  On the way back from Venice, we had some lay over time in Bologna.  Lucky for us, we caught the Christmas festival!  

And also enjoyed watching ice skaters fall on their bums.



This week I was also lucky enough to spend some time with Marta!  She cooked for us at her apartment this past Tuesday.  We had a blast.  Laughed until we cried, ate like crazy, talked for hours.  We didn't get home until 2am.  She's probably the sweetest, most caring person I have ever met.  And she took good care of us.  We're her "babies."



Right now it's almost 3am and I'm wrapped up in as many blankets as I could get my hands on.  I'm feeling restless and ready to get to the airport.  Traveling home will be one hell of a long day but I'm ready for it.  I have friends here who want to go back to the states but don't actually want to go home.  Every time I hear that I become more and more thankful that I have a truly amazing family to come home to.  They are my best friends in the whole wide world.  I don't know what I did to deserve them, but I'm awfully glad I belong to them.  

It's okay to be jealous.  I don't even think THEY know how cool they are.  

Until next time...

Lovelovelovelovelovelovelove,

Hayden



No comments:

Post a Comment