Tuesday, October 5, 2010

ottobre.


Hello. :)


It's already October.  I can't even believe it's been a month here already.  Time is flying by so quickly.  I don't know if I like it or not.  I feel like there is so much to do and so little time.  

This weekend was a hot mess of music.  My favorite.  We went out a couple nights in a row to hear some local bands play.  The bar was pretty laid back.  Art work and books were all over the walls, posters from a billion different bands in ever corner, fat comfy couches and seats.  It was my kind of place.  So much more comfortable than the club scene here.  And when the band started....it was perfect.  

The first night was a blast.  When the band members first set up I was skeptical.  A glittery piece of fabric hung over the front of the key board, the lead singer had a feather boa on and the stand up base player had a top hat.  First impression: Oh awesome, this is going to be like bad karaoke and cracked out disco wedding singers made a baby.

But I was so wrong!  I couldn't understand all the words because it was all italian of course, but you can bet I danced my face off.  The music was like jazz meets gypsy caravan meets polka.  Nothing you'd expect, but completely awesome.  

The second night was a blues band.  A little mellow at first, but by the end of the night they were bringing the house down with some Eric Clapton covers.  I got to talk with the guitarist a bit afterwards and met a few really cool new people.  The music just filled me up and took me home.  I loved it.

This week has started out pretty well.  I'm so deep into my new projects at the moment.  (I'll post pictures soon!  Promise!)  I've been using old school letter press and xerox transfers on my latest piece.  I'm loving the xerox transfers.  The acetone smells like crazy in a can, but the affect is beautiful.  It makes the image look almost chalky and aged.  So many ideas to play with!  I love to play.

Well, tonight I'm off to a Bronzino exhibit with the gang.  It's getting chilly here and I'm excited pull out a sweater and FINALLY start to feel some fall.  I miss autumn back home.  Apple picking, leaf crunching, pumpkin pie making, flannel wearing, fire wood smelling Fall.  That is everything that is home to me.  Pretend I'm there, okay?


I'm off to enjoy some nutella.

With my baby spoon.


I love you more than the color blue.

lots more.  :)

Love, Hayden


No comments:

Post a Comment